Living Room

Living Room
My Little Cottage

Sunday, August 16, 2015

Sunday Morning....

     Good morning! I am up and enjoying the sweet silence of this Sunday morning before everyone wakes up. I have my usual coffee and toast beside me and just wanted to type a bit on my blog to keep in practice. It feels so good to be back at it that I don't want to let one morning pass without writing a little something, anyway. 
     Yesterday was such a GOOD day; we did have our pancakes and homemade cinnamon syrup for breakfast and then Miss Kayleigh and I watched a couple of movies together. She picked The Wizard of Oz and I picked Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat (starring Donny Osmond, of course)!!! You just gotta love a young grand-girl who can appreciate good cinema!!! Later in the day we took her to a park so she could swing and we gathered some wild Hickory Nuts and cracked open a couple to eat. Makes you wonder about how many old Euell Gibbons must have had to crack and eat back in the day in order to get full~LOL!!!! Afterward we went to another favorite park and took a very short hike along the nature trail there. My hubby's hip was really bothering him and it was a tad too hot out there for us, so we called it a day and came home to air conditioning and pop-sickles. 
     I am getting ready to fix some biscuits and gravy for us this morning. We don't usually have big breakfasts every morning but I try to fix something nice when any of the grands spend the night with us. That is what memories are made of, right? (smile) I hope that you are all enjoying your day and I hope to type a little bit more tomorrow. Hugs to all!!! 

Stay Cozy, 
Charlotte 


No comments: