Living Room

Living Room
My Little Cottage

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook (August 31, 2010)

FOR TODAY

Outside my window...
I am looking at the sweet little fruit trees that have been planted by the railroad tracks that run in front of my house. They were planted about 15 years ago and never cease to bring me joy as the seasons change. In the spring they are bursting with pink and white blooms, in the late summer, they are often loaded with small apples, and in the fall they come into full color...just beautiful!

I am thinking...
of the friends that I have made in my lifetime and how the Lord has always surrounded me with dear and gentle people in my life.
I am thankful for...
My dear husband and family, our sweet home, my precious friends and most of all my Lord who is the provider of ALL in my life.

From the learning rooms...
We are reading The Book of Virtues and Boatsong,  brushing up on math skills, studying economics in Social Studies and many other interesting things, besides.

From the kitchen...
starting the day with a bowl of raisin bran cereal, not sure what I will be cooking for supper tonight. We might have chicken, we might have pork chops.

I am wearing...
my good old summertime gown with the little roses on it...loves my roses!

I am creating...
small collages with Bible verses written on them. Kind of a new little hobby for me.

I am going...
to visit my mom and dad later today.

I am reading...
my many poetry books and magazines.

I am hoping...
for prayers to be answered: for my mom and dad's health, for this country and our economy, for my children and their families' needs. We each have so many prayers that may or may not be shared here on our blogs. I am hoping that you will keep us in your prayers as you are each kept in ours.
I am hearing...
soft sounds of traffic outside, my morning music playing softly from my computer, morning sounds.

Around the house...
I am getting ready to get out the fall decorations. I am thinking of making a new wreath for our front door and changing out the table decor for the season. I love this time of year and look forward to the beautiful colors of the changing leaves and the cooler days!

One of my favorite things...
A great big cup of hot apple cider served with a huge slice of homebaked apple crisp!!! YUM! Apples and Autumn, what a wonderful combination :-D

A few plans for the rest of the week:
Decorating work for a couple of clients, articles to finish, housework to tend and a couple of outings with some homeschool friends later this week.

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...
 

One of the little fruit trees;
across the street, right in front of my house.


Thank you for stopping by and reading my entry for this week in The Simple Woman's Daybook. If you would like to join the fun and post your entry, then stop by and visit Peggy at The Simple Woman's Daybook for instructions to get started and to add your link. This post brought to you by:

1 comment:

Gift Baskets for Women said...

It's refreshing to see someone post on their blog how thankful you are for your everyday moments.

The tree is so pretty! You have a great blog:-)