Living Room

Living Room
My Little Cottage

Friday, August 13, 2010

      Can you believe it is August already!!! This summer has FLOWN passed and I can't believe it is already time for us to get started on homeschooling again. I have been working on a schedule for our days and our lessons as well as taking time to visit with friends and family as they drop by. I am usually not real good with posting details of my day to day life and my kids say that they prefer not to become part of my blog life~gotta respect their wishes, I guess. We had a wonderful "surprise" visit from our daughter who lives in NC at the end of July. She and her hubby and son decided to come up and she called us the night before to make sure it was OK...of COURSE it was OK!!!! We were thrilled to see them and had a wonderful time together. The other kids came over and we had a wonderful dinner together. Hope they can come back again soon. I always love to have my kids come home, even if it is just for a little while.
     I am also trying to decide on the course of my blog life. I could really use some wise advice from my sweet blog sisters on this one. I currently have three blogs and two of them are on another blog server. I have had one up since 2006 and one from 2007. Each of my blogs cover a different area of interest in my life. One is homeschool, one is thrifty living, recipes and organizing and, of course, this one that was intended to be all about decorating, but we all know how that is working out~lol. This is where I need your imput. I am thinking of bringing all of my blogs here, but I am wondering if I should keep them all separate, or just combine everything on this one little blog. What do you think?
     I am posting a recipe for you to try. You can use a covered casserole dish to make this in, or your favorite pretty salad bowl, but I use my Bean Pot from Celebrating Home to make it. You know, of course, that everything tastes better from a Bean Pot ;-) This just such a summertime classic and there are still more good picnic and family reunion days left before the official end of summertime.


All American Potato Salad (In a Bean Pot, of course :-)


Ingredients

5 pounds red potatoes
6 eggs
2 cups mayonnaise
1 onion, diced
2 green onions, thinly sliced
1 small green bell pepper, seeded and diced
3 stalks celery, thinly sliced
2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon ground black pepper

Directions

Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add potatoes, and cook for 15 to 20 minutes, or until tender but still firm. Drain, cool and cut into cubes. Place eggs in a saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring water to a boil and immediately remove from heat. Cover and let eggs stand in hot water for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from hot water, cool, peel and chop.

In a large bowl, combine chopped potatoes and eggs. Mix together mayonnaise, chopped onion, green onion, green pepper, and celery. Season with salt and pepper, then mix well. Place in your chilled Bean Pot, cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight. The chilled porcelain Bean Pot will keep your salad cold for 2-3 hours.
 
I pray that all is well with each of you. I have been having fun visiting many of your blogs, I may not always comment, but I so enjoy pleasant afternoons reading about what is new with you. You are all dear to me and I am always so blessed by your posts. If you try the recipe, let me know how you like it and don't forget to let me know your thoughts on what I should do with my blogs.
 
Until later, Stay Cozy,
Charlotte

1 comment:

Coralie Cederna Johnson said...

First of all thanks for your visit and very kind comment re: memories of your Aunt "Weesy"! I've come to find you now and joined to follow!

I, too, started blogs in WordPress and finally decided to change to Blogspot.com and am so glad I did! The visitors here are all about beauty, warmth, vintage treasures, and family...all wonderful! Since I do not always have time to write (though I am a writer) I often post a lovely image for others to enjoy. On days I have time to write, I do. Do what makes you HAPPY! Friends will love your blog and FOLLOW!
Have fun!
Coralie