Living Room

Living Room
My Little Cottage

Monday, August 30, 2010

What's Cookin' Monday

     Sometimes my life can seem so busy with my daily responsibilites; home schooling, home business, daily chores and such. I sometimes think that I am just going to collaps from it all. Those are the times that I step back and remind myself of just how much has changed over the last couple of years. It is hard to believe that I used to have to go to a job outside our home where I took care of up to 100 people per week, ordered furnishings for them and kept track of deliveries, went out on outside design calls, raced with other commuters to work, had only 1/2 hour for lunch and then raced again with even grumpier commuters back home from work. When I got home, I helped my dear hubby with our dinner, helped our very disgruntled little one with his homework, took care of evening chores and bathtime routines, prepared for the next day to do it all over again. At the same time I was also active in our church choir and helped with my parents as much as posible and managed to fit in some time for friends–WHEW! I realize as I reflect on these hectic days just how wonderfully simple my days have become. I LOVE working from home!!!!
     I have been thinking about returning to my weekly posts to Peggy’s The Simple Woman’s Daybook for some time now, but just have not taken the leap. I guess my greatest fear is that I will not keep up with the commitment to post every Tuesday. I have really been praying about it and have decided that I will do my best to stay dedicated and to join in on the fun. I truly miss taking time to examine my week and share the simple things that I am doing and that I am most thankful for in my life. I will start posting these again tomorrow.
     We have had a wonderful day together. Caleb and I are reading through the Book of Virtues together and love some of the poems that are included there. Caleb helped his dad make a simple vegetable soup for our lunch and then one of his little neighborhood friends stopped by after his school day to play for a while. I am getting ready to go in and make some homemade pizza for our dinner this evening. Nothing fancy, just packaged pizza crust mix and sauce from our local grocery store. We top our pizza with Mozerella cheese, pepperoni and mushrooms and whatever else we might have on hand that sounds yummy I love to cook them on my Baking Stones! They always turn out just right with tender crusts not burned on the bottom-MMMmmm! I am a self-confessed "Pizza-holic" ;-D We have pizza at our house at least 2-3 times a month!



     I am so glad that you stopped by today. I loved visiting many of the blogs that I follow this past week-end and am trying REAL hard to be better about posting a comment to let you know that I stopped by. Your blogs add so much joy to my days!!! I never tire of seeing what is new in your lives.

Until later, HUGS and Stay Cozy,
Charlotte
   

No comments: