Living Room

Living Room
My Little Cottage

Saturday, January 30, 2010

The Transition Begins



Oh my goodness, here it is the last weekend in January and this is the FIFTH time this month that I have been here to write!!! This could become a habit--LOL. Well, at least I am hoping for that! We are having a cold and snowy day here in WV. Outside the temperature is a VERY cold 20 degrees with a WCF of 11 degrees--BBRRR! Nice day to just sit inside, drink hot coffee and blog a bit. I am going to try and post some photos of the new craft room/school room as I go through the process
of weeding-out and re-organizing. Somewhere, I have a really good photo of the office when it was first finished for me with some of my now gone fabric books on the shelf and everything looking pristine and organized.....hhmmm, as you can see by the photos from today, this is NOT currently the case. I have a LONG way to go! The beautiful piece of fabric at the window is what I am using to make the new window treatments and I have a gorgeous piece of coordinating fabric about the same color as the walls that will be used for trim and ties. Caleb is excited about getting his maps and classroom posters up on the walls, we have a LARGE selection! Notice the nice wooden easel in the center photo. I have had it there for 6 years, just waiting to be used again!!! We will be using it now on a regular basis as Caleb will
have his paints in the classroom. I will be so glad to have everything finished, but for now I am just continuing to sort everything out. The window treatments should be finished by next weekend and then I can post photos of the finished project for you to see. For now, I am going to go and enjoy some of the nice lunch that my very sweet husband has fixed for us-chicken patties with maccaroni and cheese--mmmm. Hope that everyone is staying warm and cozy wherever you are!!!

HUGS, 
Charlotte                                                 

2 comments:

Marmee's Pantry said...

Looks like a great craft/school room. We were so excited when we moved into this house 12 yrs ago b/c NOW we would have a school (& computer & laundry) room! The funny thing is that w/in 2 years they were back to the kitchen table or a comfy living room chair! lol

But now that, after 16 yrs, we have graduated them all, it still makes a great library (& computer & laundry) room. '-)

Blessings from Ohio...Kim W<><

Tina said...

Hey come organize my house! I need to start Spring cleaning soon.