Living Room

Living Room
My Little Cottage

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

I'm Changing Direction

Good morning to all! Hope that you are having a wonderful and productive day so far, no matter what your chosen activity of the day might be. I posted last week about my return to sewing and I want to thank everyone for your kind and encouraging comments. I am starting on my first project this week and have decided on making a new window treatment for my soon-to-be-defunct design studio. Yes, after much (MUCH) prayer and evaluation, I have decided to end my focus on in-home consultations. I am packing up my fabric books and my wall-paper sample books to be shipped back to their suppliers. No, this does not mean that I am giving up my WAHM business, it just means that we (royal "we" meaning ME) are taking a different approach to the focus and primary business of Cozy Home Designs. I have been under conviction about this for some time and the New Year seemed like the perfect time to take the plunge! The office will become my craft room and also a more suitable school room for my sweet little Caleb. He is 10 now and requires more room for projects and lessons than just our dining room table. I will hang maps and posters in there for him and he will also be learning to sew later on this year. The business will still have plenty of room for my crafting of the following: custom lamps, small painted signs, table runner and placemat sets and whatever else comes to mind. I will be setting up at a few craft fairs and special events starting in August of this year, and hopefully a few more next year. I will still be selling my beloved Celebrating Home both at the events and online at my personal web page (see the link at the right). I will also keep the personal web store for those nifty Oddity accessories (also has a link on the right). My husband will be making some of his wood crafted items for me to sell at the fairs. I am so excited right now, I could just about POP! Pray with me that all will go well for us. I will post some pictures of my projects on here from time to time as I finish them.

HUGS to all and Stay Cozy!
Charlotte

4 comments:

Leigh Anne said...

Awesome Charlotte! I wish you the best! Check out what I made when I hopped back on the sewing train last week...

http://grammaroflife.blogspot.com/2010/01/dusty-sewing-machine.html

Tina said...

This is so exciting! I'm so hopeful for you. Thanks so much my dear for your sweet encouraging comment on my post and your prayers. I really appreciate you. You know, we live so close, we should have coffee sometime or tea or just talk. God bless you today.
T

Granny Sue said...

Good luck, Charlotte! It's not so much changin as defining what you want to do. Sounds like fun times ahead!

Cozy Home Cottage said...

Hi ladies! Leigh Anne, I love the sling-they are so awsome, wish that I had had one when mine were small babies. You did a great job on the one that you made.
Tina, I would LOVE to get together for some girl-time. Just let me know when and where. You are an encouragement to me as well.
Sue, you are exactly right, I am just fine-tuning the business a bit. I have found that businesses usually have a "mind of their own" and tend to head in different directions from time to time. I know that my prayer, from the beginning has been to allow the Lord to do the leading. I feel that this is the direction that He is taking me in.
Hugs to you all and thank you for your sweet comments.