Living Room

Living Room
My Little Cottage

Tuesday, January 16, 2018

My Journal Entry for Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Good morning to you all!!! I am toasty and typing on my laptop in our family room this morning because this room is always so much warmer than my office which tends to be a bit drafty. I had intended to go out to my Tuesday morning Bible Study group but decided to stay home due to the weather. I am not good at getting out on cold, snowy and icy days~bbrrrr! I am presently sipping on a cup of Cinnabon flavored coffee! YUM!!! It is an International Delight flavor and is really GOOD!
With all that being said, here is my journal entry for today...

What's Happening:  It is currently 7:42 AM here; we have snow falling outside and it is cold, but not as cold as yesterday morning! It is currently 30℉ outside. I had a good session with my counselor yesterday. My visits with her really do help me greatly with my battle with mild depression. She is such a good listener and so compassionate. It is wonderful to have someone who is totally neutral to discuss things with. She also shares some wonderful relaxation exercises that are helping me deal with my anxiety attacks. I always look forward to my monthly appointments with her.
What's For Supper: Well, we had a very nice surprise when we picked our Caleb up from work yesterday! He treated us to supper out at a local Mexican Restaurant that is close to the Walmart store where he works. That means that the chicken and dumplings I had planned for yesterday will be moved to this evening. It is still a good day for them with all of this snow fall. 🙂
What am I Reading or Watching: Watching Good Morning America right now. This is how I start my mornings most every days. Reading: Still working on Little Women, Bible, Ideals Poetry It takes me forever to finish a book. I tend to only read about 10 pages at a time and really mull over what I have read.
Today's Weather: SNOW! High: 30 degrees Low: 7 degrees Wind: WNW 6 mph, Chance of Snow: 90%
Fibro and Arthritis Update: This morning my Brain Fog is Moderate, my Fibro Pain is Moderate, My Arthritis Pain is Moderate and my Energy Level is Moderate. Nothing is hurting any worse than usual and I do not consider today a "Flare Day". I would still prefer gentle hugs and no hard pats on the back, but that is my norm now and has been for the past few years. My days of tight holding hugs and strong hand shakes from friends and family is now a thing of the past. Those who knew me when I was most involved in congregational worship and when I sold Home Interiors and Gifts know what I am talking about. There was a lot of big hugs and handshakes back in those days and how I loved that. It took me a while to get used to the notion of giving soft hugs and handshakes but I had to do it because of my pain levels. 
Chores for Today:  Just a bit of light straightening up today and dishes, always dishes...heehee. 
Phone Calls and Visits: None so far but who knows what the day will bring. 
Drives, Walks and Outings: I will not be going anywhere today unless I decide to take a little walk around the block in the snow.
Inspiring Quote: "What a severe yet master artist old Winter is...No longer the canvas and the pigments, but the marble and the chisel."~John Burroughs, "The Snow Walkers" 1866
Pretty Picture for Today:  Wine Cellar Park here in Dunbar in winter a few years ago:
God bless and hope that you are all having a beautiful Tuesday!!!

Stay Warm and Cozy, 💐
Charlotte

No comments: