Living Room

Living Room
My Little Cottage

Saturday, January 13, 2018

My Daily Life ~New Blog Feature for 2018!!!

     Hello dear friends!!! I hope you are all having a wonderful January and that 2018 is treating you well so far!!! I know it has been FOREVER since I have written anything here on my little blog but am hoping to correct that this year. I used to love writing here and sometimes even twice a day at one point. Little by little, Facebook and other social media sources began to take the place of composing posts on my blog(s); at one time I had three!!! I contribute the change greatly due to the fact that on FB and the others my average posts could be much shorter or simply a small comment above a pretty picture and didn't require my poor fog-filled Fbro mind to come up with anything creative. It also meant that I didn't have to be as concerned with my sentence structure or grammar when composing a quick little comment. 
     As I begin this year, I am hoping to stretch my creative mind a bit and return to writing longer and more regular posts here on my blog again. I am no longer a homeschool mom, our son is now working, though still at home for now. I have more time to call my own and am learning to live with my Fibromyalgia with greater acceptance, better regulated medications and am better at pacing my activities in accordance with my pain, fog and energy levels. It is time to return to being the best me that I can be! I am very excited about the prospect! 
     One thing I have been doing since the first day of this new year has been taking time each day to write in a little day book which was given to me some years ago. I changed the daily prompts to ones better suited to my particular style and daily life. I have been enjoying this activity and thought that it might be fun to post what I write here on my CHC blog. This would give me a quick little daily post to write and might inspire longer postings during the week. I am calling it My Daily Life and will begin with what I have written for today: Saturday, January 13, 2018:
What's Happening:  Not much this morning. I had Cheesy Garlic Grits for my breakfast this morning along with a really good cup of coffee! Our son, Greg has been working on his car in our back yard for the past few days, but I think that is will be too cold and snowy for him to get anything done on it today.
What's For Supper: Potato Soup; so good on a cold, snowy evening.
What am I Reading or Watching: HGTV: Love It Or List It, Mansion Revival, Fixer Upper, Stone House Revival. Reading: Little Women, Bible, Ideals Poetry 
Today's Weather: SNOW! High: 25 degrees Low: 9 degrees Wind: NW 9 mph, Chance of Snow 90%
Fibro and Arthritis Update: The past couple of days I have been in the middle of a MAJOR flare!!! OUCH!!! Today I am not quite so pain ridden, my brain fog is not as pronounced and my energy level is up a bit. 
Chores for Today: Unload and re-load the dishwasher, fold a few clothes.
Phone Calls and Visits: None so far at 3:16 this afternoon. 
Drives, Walks and Outings: None planned for today. Robin will be taking our son, Caleb out to work this evening, though.
Inspiring Quote: Liberty is not in any form of Government. It is in the heart of free man; he carries it with him everywhere. ~Rousseau
     I hope to post another journal page tomorrow. If you like these prompts and want to use them for yourself, please feel free to copy them. I made them up and there I have no problem sharing them with you if it will add a little measure of order or joy to your day, also. I hope you are having a beautiful Saturday and are staying warm and cozy wherever you are!!!

Until Next Time, Stay Cozy, 
Charllotte 💓

No comments: