Living Room

Living Room
My Little Cottage

Thursday, January 25, 2018

Running Behind: Journal Post for Thursday, January 25, 2018

Good morning sweet blog friends! 

I am running a bit behind with my journal posts this week. I have been doing some "catch up" chores around here and have been hit with a couple of migraine headaches on two different days since my last post. I don't know if they are weather related or what; all I know is they put me out of commission during their duration and then I feel "fuzzy-headed" for a while afterward. I used to get them quite often when I was younger and before I went through menopause. I stopped getting them for a long time and thought that I was done with them for good! I am suffering with some depression and my seasonal affective disorder is really bad right now. It always gets worse right after the new year, but this year it really seems to be hitting me full force. Anyway, that might have some bearing on the cause of my headaches. I plan on letting my doctor know that I am having them just to keep her informed.
I do want to get back to my posting here and told my husband that I was going to get this done come heck or high water so here it is...

What's Happening:  I am participating in a little Handmade Valentine Exchange with a group of friends and am going to make mine this weekend to be mailed out by the first of February. I have planned a simple design that will be pretty simple to put together. This year we only have a handful of friends participating but in the past we have had as many as 40! I did not participate that particular year as I hadn't heard of it, yet. Can you imagine?!?! I believe the most I have ever sent out was 15 one year. 
What's For Supper: Salisbury steak and gravy with mashed potatoes and peas-n-carrots. Robin will be helping me get this ready. The Salisbury steak bakes in the oven and this makes it a pretty easy meal for us. I mix one can of Mushroom Soup, one package of beef gravy mix and one can of mushrooms to make the gravy and pour it over the seasoned hamburger patties and onion slices before covering it with foil and putting it into the oven at 350℉ for one hour. The peas-n-carrots are canned and the mashed potatoes are the instant kind. My days of peeling, boiling and mashing are sadly over. 
What am I Reading or Watching: I haven't been reading much at all this past week due to my migraines. I have managed my devotions and a little poetry. 
Today's Weather: We had some snow fall yesterday. Just a dusting but at one point we had those lovely large, feather-like flakes coming down. I love those! Today: Sunny  High: 40℉  Low: 26℉ Wind: 0 mph Chance of Rain/Snow: 0% 
Fibro and Arthritis Update: I am really feeling stiff and stoved-up right now! Fibro Pain: Moderate to High Arthritis Pain: Moderate, Energy Level: Low, Brain Fog: High 
Chores for Today: Not much planned right now. I might try to putter around the kitchen a little today. 
Phone Calls and Visits:  So far a call from our Kidney doctor confirming Robin's appointment for Monday. I do wish for more sweet phone calls from our children, friends and family members. It seems we don't get enough of these kinds of calls. 😩
Drives, Walks and Outings:  None planned for today...
Pretty Picture for Today:  A photo of the beautiful flowers in my mother's yard back in 2005:

I pray that you are all having a peaceful and lovely Thursday! Remember, we only have 53 more days until SPRING!!!

For Now: Stay Cozy,
Charlotte 💝

No comments: