Living Room

Living Room
My Little Cottage

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

The Simple Woman's Daybook 8~16~2011





FOR TODAY


Outside my window...
Sunny skies with a few clouds, our neighbor's van and some pretty flowers growing in our neighbor's back yard :-)
I am thinking...
about how much I enjoy being at home.

I am thankful...
that our God is faithful, that He loves us even when we are un-lovable!!!

From the learning rooms...
Getting things ready to start back to our learning. I have the books we will be using in the milk crate. I have chosen this to be the container for our curriculum this year and am hoping to be more organized with lessons and books this year. Caleb is looking forward to learning about Genetics for his Science unit and we will also be learning about the 1950s, 1960s and 1970s for History.

In the kitchen...
I just finished washing the dishes and some very pretty and delicate tea cups that my momma gave me from her collection. I will have to set them up for a photo and share them with you sometime this week. For our supper we will be having shrimp and fries~yum!!!

I am wearing...
my trusty blue denim "pedal pushers" and favorite blue tee shirt.

I am creating...
A family favorites cookbook!!!! I have been having real fun with this one and am trying to include recipes from many family members including both grandmommas, myself, my hubby and aunts and cousins, too. These will be for our kids and I want them to have some real "heirloom" family recipes.

I am going...
to Momma's on Thursday and to church tomorrow night, but that is about it for this week. Unless something else presents the opportunity to get out and go!

I am wondering...
what my friends are all doing today and have been by some of my favorite blogs to read a bit.

I am reading...
Miracles Can Be Yours Today by Pat Robertson; my little Caleb picked this book out for me this past Saturday at one of the church rummage sales. It is really good, so far. Also reading some of my favorite poetry books and decorating magazines and the Bible (Colosians)

I am hoping...
to become more trusting of the Lord's leading in my life. I believe God has plans for me and that I should trust those plans, I just need to be a bit more willing to "Let Go and Let God", I am awfully guilty of trying to "take back the reigns" sometimes. Pray for me about this.
I am looking forward to...
meeting with our Pastor tomorrow night to discuss Caleb's baptism on Sunday evening. Also looking forward to getting started back to learning, homeschool field trips and time with homeschool friends.

I am hearing...
the air conditioner running and music from the kitchen.

Around the house...
I am thinking of changing out summer decorations to things for autumn. This is my favorite season and I love to get out the pumpkins and fall colors.

I am pondering...
having an Autumn Give Away on this blog. It will probably start the first week of September so be watching. I have already started putting the prize package together, you are going to LOVE it!!!

Some of my favorite things...
Crisp fall evenings, hot apple cider, warm bread from the oven...
A few plans for the rest of the week...
I want to get some more pictures taken to share on my blog, hoping to get some things donated to our favorite local charity, cleaning out the dining room closet.

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...

The cover for our
family cookbook

Hope you are all having a peaceful and beautiful afternoon. If you want to read more sweet daybook entries visit Peggy at The Simple Woman's Daybook. Thanks as always to Peggy for hosting the Daybook!









No comments: