Living Room

Living Room
My Little Cottage

Monday, August 15, 2011

Happy Monday!!!

Greetings and a HAPPY MONDAY, dear ones!!!! Have you ever noticed how some days you feel that there isn't much to share and other days you just seem to overflow with all kinds of good information! I sometimes go for weeks here with not too much to post and then, all of a sudden, I just feel like I'm going to burst if I don't get on here and tell you all the latest Cottage news. Well today is a "gusher"~lol!

First off, I have been having such fun on Facebook meeting some wonderful NEW friends and business acquaintences over at my Cozy Home Cottage page. There are so MANY very talented and creative ladies there with beautiful pages about their homes, interests, talents and businesses. I love chatting with them all daily and truly enjoy all of their wonderful photos and ideas! Well, a couple of weeks ago, one of those talented gals, Dawn Holmquist of Oops A Daisy Bouquets,  had a contest when her Facebook page hit 500 "likers". She makes the prettiest Button Ball bouquets and she was going to give one away. I thought, "aw, that is nice", and never gave it a second thought, (I am usually one of those gals that never wins anything~lol), but thought how someone was going to love getting a Button Ball as they are just so darn CUTE!!! Well, what do you know....I WON!!!! Dawn was even thoughtful enough to ask me what colors I wanted her to use so that it would fit into my decor. My beautiful Button Ball arrived this past Thursday while I was out with my momma on our weekly shopping trip. Dawn had included a sweet and thoughtful note card and some of her gorgeous business cards with the bouquet, too!!! I got some photos of the Button Ball on Friday and here they are:


On my antique table in
the living room

Isn't it just the cutest thing you ever saw? I love the sweet little butterfly accent that she added. These would make a great gift and she also makes Christmas ornament Button Balls. Visit her Facebook page for more photos of her work and tell her Cozy Home Cottage sent you. She is a very sweet friend and so talented!

Our weekend was so sweet. My hubby and son, Caleb spent Saturday going to rummage sales at a couple of our area churches. We found lots of great things including some books, clothes and baskets. The Presbyterian church here in our town was hosting a luncheon for all who came to their sale and we were
treated to a sumptuous dinner of barbequed chicken, mashed potatoes, assorted salads and desserts! WOW, it was YUMMY and completely a surprise. The churches in our town are all part of a Ministerial Society and they often work together on events throughout the year. I love our little town :-)

Under a dome!
                                                                       Yesterday we attended our church, Dunbar Mountain Mission, and it was the 81st Anniversary service and celebration.  There was a BIG dinner after church with plenty of great dishes brought by all. My goodness was I FULL when we left, spiritually and physically!!! But the very BEST part of the day was when our young one decided to go forward for prayer and to request baptism!!!! His dad and I went up to pray with him and we were so very HAPPY!!! He had accepted the Lord as his Saviour a while back, but just hadn't felt he was ready to be baptised (mostly due to those young fears of maybe being held under too long~gotta love kids~lol), but he decided he wanted to follow the Lord's example by faith. Our pastor is planning a Baptismal Service for next Sunday evening and Caleb will now be included in that.

See, I told you I would be "gushing"!!!! God is so GOOD and provides for our every need; friends, family, good fellowship, food, clothing, beauty all around us, and most of all, His wonderful plan of Salvation through Christ!!!! God bless you all throughout this coming week.

On our bedroom dresser!


Stay Cozy,
Charlotte




No comments: