Living Room

Living Room
My Little Cottage

Wednesday, April 5, 2017

And a Recipe....

Hello again, dear ones and good evening,

Well here I am writing twice in one day on my blog. With me it's either all or nothing I guess~LOLL! I have been thinking all day long about my earlier post. I don't want to leave any of you with the conclusion that I have given up or am in such a horrible condition that I have nothing else to give. I am just taking life much more slowly and thoughtfully than ever before. I thought that I might share a recipe with you for inspiration. It is something my family has always loved and I hope that your family will like it, as well: 

Chicken Casserole

1 pkg. Pepperidge Farms Herb Seasoning stuffing
1 stick butter or margarine
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can cream of mushroom OR cream of celery soup
3 to 4 large boneless skinless chicken breasts (cooked)


Save the broth that the chicken was cooked in and use it to dilute the soup according to the directions on the can (one can broth to one can soup). Combine the two soup mixtures together to make a sort of gravy. Cut the cooked chicken breasts into cubes about one inch square.  Melt the butter or margarine and stir it into the stuffing. In a greased 9 x 13 pan, put a layer of stuffing crumbs, chicken and then the soup mixture. Repeat the layers and then top the casserole with cracker crumbs and dot with butter. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 45 minutes to 1 hour. No extra salt is necessary to use in this recipe. Serve with a salad or your favorite vegetables. 

This recipe is easy to prepare and delicious! You can serve it with your favorite vegetable side dish or a fresh garden salad and your family will have a wonderful meal to remember. I hope you enjoy my little recipe. I hope to be back soon with more little blog posts for you, too. 

Love and hugs, 
Charlotte






No comments: