Living Room

Living Room
My Little Cottage

Thursday, April 10, 2014

The Cleaning Continues...

Good morning from Beautiful Downtown Dunbar, WV!!! I am in very good spirits this morning as the sun is shining, the flowers are blooming and the temperature is well above freezing at a comfortable 60 degrees Fahrenheit!!! YAY!!! I have been diligently working around the cottage with our continued effort of spring cleaning this week. I mentioned in my last post that we have recently been blessed with an influx of household and craft items; so much so that it feels like our humble home is bursting at the seams! It is wonderful and exciting but a bit of a challenge as we make room for the new while sorting through and eliminating some of the old and familiar. What to keep, what to donate, what to toss; it really is a demanding task that calls for great levels of concentration and the power of deduction. Next comes the task of finding storage space for the items we are keeping~whew!
I have also started taking down curtains and drapes to launder and freshen up. That always makes the house feel crisp and clean. I printed off a really pretty Spring Cleaning List to keep me on task with my chores. I feel so motivated! :-)
I am thinking about taking a consignment space at a local vintage and home decor boutique where I will offer floral arrangements and vintage household items. I will tell you more about it as I get closer to getting it opened. I am fairly exuberant at the prospect and having fun planning the layout and selecting the items I plan to offer there~(squeal!!!).
I LOVE this time of year! The trees outside are at that beautiful stage of displaying their whisper of green on the mountains, some are in bloom with white and pink blossoms and the daffodils are bursting out in yellow splendor~just gorgeous! I hope that you are enjoying the same in your little corner of the world. To those who are still enduring winter, hang in there; spring is on the way.

Hugs from the Cottage; Stay Cozy,
Charlotte  

2 comments:

janet smart said...

I am also doing some spring cleaning. Our house is so full - overflowing with stuff.

Melanie said...

I've been doing some weeding out of things as well and am about to begin spring cleaning. I love to freshen things up a bit and am trying to not succumb to the temptation to add to what I've got. Not sure how that will work out!