Living Room

Living Room
My Little Cottage

Saturday, June 16, 2012

A Little Saturday Post

HAPPY Saturdy, blog friends! I hope that you have all had a truly sweet and blessed week! All this week I have been continuing to study a wonderful book by Donna Partow titled Becoming a Vessel God Can Use. WOW, what a powerful tool for coming to a deeper understanding of the way God moves in our lives and ways we can prepare our hearts and lives to receive God's direction for us. I am on Week 5: Being Emptied of Self to Make Room for What God Wants to Do In and Through Your Life. The focus verse for the week has been Philippians 2:3-4; Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conciet, but in humility consider others better than yourselves. Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others. In today's hustle and bustle, get it now world that is really hard to remember, sometimes and something I do struggle with, though it is hard for me to admit to it. I have really been praying that I will remember to pour out my selfish desires and wants so that I can be filled with a greater desire to do what God would have me to do for others. If you have a similar desire I will highly recommend this book for your study library.

Along with this study I have recently discovered the little book The Prayer of Jabez by Bruce Wilkinson. I (finally) got around to reading it last month and must admit to now knowing what all the excitement over it was all about when it first came out a number of years ago. I really got a blessing from it and have adopted that little prayer as part of my day along with all of the other prayers I pray as I communicate with God the Father. I love to spend time alone with God each day! Don't you? There is such a sweet peacefulness when we take time for Him.

Among other little books I have taken time to look at this week was the new decorating book I picked up last Sunday by Laurie Ann McMillin Ray entitiled At Home With Laurie Ann. It is FILLED with BEAUTIFUL photos and splendid ideas for decorating your home! I have just been drooling over all of the colorful pages!

From the home business stand point, I am now re-thinking things a bit and re-organizing my home business files and documents to better reflect the current direction of the way my business operates. I was once told that "a business is organic-it takes on a life of its own" by a very wise businessman who I have always admired and was privileged to have worked with for a while. It is true, and espeicially when you allow God to be your CEO. When I have tried to do things "My Way", things never seem to work out quite right. But, when I "Let Go and Let God", He whispers to my heart the directions for His plans for our business. I surrendered the attitude of doing things purely for financial gain many years ago in exchange for an "attitude of gratitude" for any way that God can use my little home decorating business for His devine purpose. God is always right! So I have been getting my day planner cleaned out and organized, started remembering to schedule time in for housework and internet time along with working at my new position at Mr. Sewing Machine (where I genuinely love assisting customers with their sewing needs), and, most importantly, remember to pray for direction early each morning. I feel more at peace with life than I have for months.

Well, for a short post, this got kind of "long winded", but I wanted to share all of this with you, sweet friends and hope that it will brighten your Saturday. God bless all during this next week. Sending you all ((HUGS)) from WV!

Stay Cozy,
Charlotte

No comments: