Living Room

Living Room
My Little Cottage

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY


Outside my window...
Sights and smells of a beautiful day on its way. You can now see the leaves clearly changing and, on more than one morning this month, smell the faint smoke from a neighbor's fireplace.

I am thinking...
that I love my simple little life in my small town.

I am thankful for...
the blessings of family and home! Thankful, too that both of my parents are home from their recent days in the hospital and that they are recieving some home health care assistance.  Thankful to neighbors and cousins who are helping out in getting them to and from Doctor appointments. I am also very thankful that they have wonderful neighbors that are always looking out for them, bringing them good things to eat and lending a hand with errands now and then. God bless them for their help!

From the learning rooms...website
Caleb started French language lessons on Live Mocha's website yesterday! Ooo-la-la :-)

From the kitchen...
We will be having Cream of Wheat cereal for breakfast this morning. I am going to make a crock pot full of  Broccoli and cheese soup served with hot rolls for our supper this evening.

I am wearing...
My favorite leaf print shirt for fall and blue jeans.

I am creating...
A new fall wreath for our front door.

I am going...
nowhere today, just enjoying being at home!

I am reading...
An old favorite: Taylor Caldwell's Ceremony of the Innocent, my poetry books, lots of magazines, several decorating books.

I am hoping...
that the next few months are filled with blissful, quiet days.

I am hearing...
the sound of my family stirring upstairs and the radio playing sweet music for the morning.

Around the house...
time to take down some curtains for a bath and time to clean those windows-yep.

One of my favorite things...
Cream of Wheat with brown sugar and cinnamon for breakfast on cool autumn mornings!

A few plans for the rest of the week:
Getting ready to start a little Fall Housecleaning around the old Cozy Home Cottage.
Here is picture for thought I am sharing...

Rooster on top of my china cabinet
Hope that everyone is having a beautiful week. A great BIG thank you to sweet Peggy for hosting this Daybook!


1 comment:

Laurie Neumann said...

Charlotte,

I thought I'd stop by and say "hi." I found your site after you left a comment on my blog today - thank you!

This site is BEAUTIFUL! And your cottage looks enchanting!

There is such a homey feeling here. You have done a great job!