Living Room

Living Room
My Little Cottage

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Donnelly's Colonial Funeral Home: Obituaries

Good morning sweet blog friends. My heart is saddened this morning. I have just learned that my favorite Christian artist, Charles F. Humphrey passed away on November 19th. Mr. Humphrey was a watercolor artist that incoporated encouraging words as well as verses from the Holy Scriptures in his beautiful work. He became well known through the work he did for Home Interiors and Gifts, Inc. Mary C. Crowely was his friend and fellow member of The First Church of Dallas, TX. I had always been told that Mr Humphrey, an architect by trade, had done some paintings for the Sunday School classes and that Mrs. Crowley approached him to do some for her company. The rest is history. I know that this brother in Christ is home with our Lord. His work reflected his love and devotion to our Lord. I have a link to Mr. Humphrey's obituary for you here:

Donnelly's Colonial Funeral Home: Obituaries

I have several of his beautiful works of art bought from Home Interiors and Gifts, Inc. all around my cozy home.




I smile every time that I see them. The beautiful scripture verses hold such meaning for my life and the colors that he used are so pleasant to behold. I never had the pleasure of meeting him in person but have often thought of trying to find his address in order that I might write him a letter or send a card to let Mr. Humphrey know just how much his paintings mean to me.I wish that I had done this, alas, time gets away from me and I never did get that letter written. I wanted to share this with you along with a reminder to take time and write those cards and letters while you can. To the friends and family of this dear brother, I am sorry for your loss. I know that he will be greatly missed. From my heart I say, good-bye Mr. Humphrey, thank you for sharing your God-given talent with so many. To you my friends, God bless and hope you are having a beautiful day.

Stay Cozy,
Charlotte



No comments: