Living Room

Living Room
My Little Cottage

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

How to Make a Flower Press | eHow.com

As so many of us are experiencing the heavy rain, snows and ice of the most recent winter storm, it is hard to believe that we are just a scant 48 days away from that most blessed season of SPRING!!! I find my mind is turning toward the return of sweet sunny mornings, birds building their nests, that soft green haze of new foliage on the trees of our dear WV mountains and, of course, that miraculous blaze of deep pink on the Redbud trees~ahhh, such sweet thoughts. This year I think that I will try my hand at pressing a few spring flowers to frame and give as gifts to my friends when they need a little "reminder of spring" lift next winter. I did a search to find instructions for making an easy flower press. Here is what I found:

How to Make a Flower Press | eHow.com



I can't wait to get started. Bring on the SPRING flowers!!!!

Hope you are staying warm and COZY,
Charlotte

3 comments:

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Thanks so much for this info! One of my favorite things from childhood was a flower that my grandmother pressed and kept tucked in her Bible. It was so special.

XO,

Sheila :-)

Cozy Home Cottage said...

Hi Sheila! It is sweet that you have that memory of your grandmother. I think that those little things from our childhood always make the sweetest memories.
My mom has always kept the 4-leaf clovers she finds in her Bible.

Janet said...

I used to put flowers and leaves in a big book to press them. I still have a few from special occasions. I did have a small flower press that I got at a yard sale, but I never used it, so I think I got rid of it. Wish I hadn't now.