Living Room

Living Room
My Little Cottage

Saturday, July 7, 2018

Feeling Down....And Now For Something COMPLETELY Different!!!

Good Afternoon Blog Friends,

     Today I am just not feeling like posting my usual cheery little note; I am really feeling very glum in spite of the beautiful, sunny day we are having here in Dunbar, WV.  I have spent the morning watching some of my favorite design shows on TV and they usually cheer me up whenever I get this way. Not today! I am having real feelings of the dreaded FOMO syndrome! I am watching these talented designer/decorators and am SO covetous of their work lives! I am so very envious of the fact that they are healthy and have money and can work to make beautiful homes for their clients!!! I have been crying~silent, streaming-down-my-cheeks tears and using lots of tissues, too. I HATE this old Fibromyalgia!!! The past few days I have been hurting all over and, even though I have been trying to do a little housework each day, I feel like I will never catch up again here; let alone EVER be able to do any Interior Design work for anyone else again.... ☹️😟😭
     I have also been REALLY wanting to take a little trip somewhere. I would love to go visit my family in North Carolina or my cousins in Ohio, but our finances simply won't allow for it! I have even begun to stay away from Facebook on the weekends because I get so sad seeing others having fun and going places when I am confined to home! 
     We live on a very modest monthly income of $1260.00~my husband's SS Disability. He is a heart patient whose heart functions at 40% and he has a pacemaker/defibrillator device, as well. He is no longer able to cut our grass or do the woodwork he so loved doing a few years ago because his beloved workshop is in our basement. He just cannot climb up and down those stairs any longer unless he becomes very out of breath.
     At any rate; our monthly bills very nearly take every penny with just enough left for basic groceries; no money for trips. We are buying our home, which we once rented from the family we are buying it from. We have lived here for the past 20 years and it will be 21 years in October. All totaled we have paid (rent and house payments combined) $132,000.00. We agreed to buy the house in May 2011 and signed the papers then. The agreed price of purchase from that date was $119,000.00. We have six more years of $650.00 a month to pay and then we will have that much extra. I am just praying that nothing happens to my sweet hubby or myself during that time! 
     I am sorry that I have not been my usual cheerful, chatty self today, dear ones. I do get this way from time to time, but usually just find something more pleasant to write about. We do have tomato and pepper plants in the ground and are hoping to start getting some fresh veggies from them soon. I am playing the Publisher's Clearing House every day, too. Wish me luck~hahaha!!! Until next time;

Stay Cozy,
Charlotte


The last trip we took to visit my family 
in NC in May of 2014

No comments: