Living Room

Living Room
My Little Cottage

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Simple Woman's Daybook (November 16, 2011)




FOR TODAY (November 16, 2011)

Outside my window...
It is drizzeling rain and is dark and cloudy. A blustery sort of mid-autumn day.
I am thinking...
that it is so wonderful to have a nice, warm, cozy home to be in on a day like today!
I am thankful...
for every sweet blessing from the Lord in my life! I am so very blessed with dear family, wonderful friends, a warm home, good food to eat and the love and grace of my Lord! So very much to be thankful for!!!
From the learning rooms...
We are learning about the Space Race in the 1960s. We watched "The Right Stuff" the past 2 days and Caleb really enjoyed learning more about Chuck Yeager, Gordon Cooper, John Glen and all of the Mercury astronauts. We are still learning about Genetics for science and percentages in math! We will be making some of our ornament projects today!
In the kitchen...
I just finished having toast with apple butter and my cup of coffee for breakfast~mmmm! I think that today is the perfect day for homemade veggie soup for our supper!
I am wearing...
must confess, I haven't changed out of my good ol' floral nightgown yet. I will be putting on my favorite "mom jeans" and tee shirt in a bit to get started on my day.
I am creating...
several little crafts: light bulb ornaments, felt ornaments and some jar gifts in the kitchen. I had a blast this past week-end doing some craft clay mini sculptures with one of my sweet grand-girls! I have a box of FIMO and Sculpey clay that a friend gave me a couple of years ago that I have just never taken the time to work with. My creative granddaughter, Elizabeth and I got it out Sunday afternoon and made several items that could be turned into refrigerator magnets or holiday pins; a Christmas tree, a wreath, a turkey....it was SO much FUN! We are thinking of getting a toaster oven just for our FIMO crafts and making some things for a craft fair this summer!
I am going...
nowhere today, too icky outside. I think I will just make some good tea and stay in for the day!
I am reading...
Country Woman Christmas 2002, Country Woman Christmas 2004 and Better Homes and Gardens Christmas From the Heart! I love looking through books with great Christmas crafts and recipe ideas!
I am hoping...
that all of you will have a Blessed Thanksgiving with your family and friends next week. I still cannot believe that it is already time for Thanksgiving this year. The time has really just flown! I am also hoping to get all of my Christmas projects completed on time. With November this close to an end, December is just a blink away!
I am looking forward to...
having our family here for Thanksgiving dinner next Thursday!
I am hearing...
the comforting sound of warm air coming from the forced air vents! So thankful for a warm home!
Around the house...
things are a bit of a shambles with crafting and school projects. A lovely mess! :-)
I am pondering...
the many seasons of our lives. Some years are hectic, some are mellow, some are brimming with happy moments and some are consumed with sadness....and God is in each of them; standing beside us, arms embracing us with His love and mercy to enable us to face them all!
One of my favorite things...
warm fuzzy slippers on cold mornings!
A few plans for the rest of the week:
working on projects, writing some poetry, taking time to call friends and family.
Here is picture for thought I am sharing...

Some front porch decorations
a couple of weeks ago
I hope you enjoyed a glance into my day through this Daybook post. A BIG thank you to Peggy for hosting the Simple Woman's Daybook! If you would like to post your very own Daybook entry, visit The Simple Woman's Daybook for complete instructions!

Have a wonderful week and Stay Cozy,
Charlotte




1 comment:

Marmee's Pantry said...

I hope you have a blessed & happy Thanksgiving, Dearest Charlotte.

Did your son see that John Glenn & Neil Armstrong got the Congressional Gold Medal today? http://news.yahoo.com/john-glenn-neil-armstrong-buzz-aldrin-michael-collins-181900333.html

Blessings from Ohio...Kim<><