Living Room

Living Room
My Little Cottage

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

The Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY,


May 10, 2011

Outside my window...

So far it looks like it is going to be another beautiful SPRING day! It was lovely yesterday and the temperature was ever so pleasant. Just the right kind of weather for sitting in the rockers on my front porch! :-)
I am thinking...

About all that I am going to try and get done around my sweet cottage home today. I have a few choice chores to do and I am going to try and clean out the closet in my office/ craft room/ homeschool room. If you do not hear from me after today, you will know that I am probably stuck in there behind the piles of stuff~lol. I have been meaning to clean that closet for quite some time now (blush).
I am thankful for...

The sweet life that I have with my family and for God's providence.

From the learning rooms...

We are finishing up our lessons and putting the last finishing touches on Calebs 6th Grade portfolio. We are set to have his annual review this coming Saturday. He is so very excited and looking forward to meeting with the very dear lady that has done our reviews every year since we started homeschooling. We do not have to take him with us to the review, but he really loves this special lady and is always ready to tell her all about his school year. She is a blessing to us. Can't wait to see you Sandy!

From the kitchen...

I am having a bowl of "Go-gurt" (plain yogurt with granola) and a cup of warm Apple Cinnamon tea~mmmm! We are having Navy beans and a BIG pan of Mexican Cornbread for our supper this evening. Sweet simplicity!!!

I am wearing...

My favorite trusty gown with the little rosebuds on it. I will be putting on my good old jeans and a tee shirt in a bit to get started on my day.

I am creating...

Caleb's portfolio and trying my hand at fabric yo-yos. I am hoping to make them into a quilt or a pretty pillow. Will keep you posted on how that turns out.
I am going...

Nowhere today, too much to do around the old cottage.

I am reading...

A Pocketful of Hope devotional book by Mary C. Crowley, my favorite old magazines and poetry books.
I am hoping...

That I survive my venture into that closet today. I keep thinking of the old, old radio program, "Fibber McGhee and Molly" when Fibber would say, "Boy, I've got to clean out that closet".....
We have a number of these old radio shows on cassette tape and love to listen to them every now and again. They are just so FUNNY!

I am hearing...

Sweet birdsongs, my good old computer humming away and many other little sounds of the morning.
Around the house...

Back to doing the regular cleaning schedule and glad that the heavy spring cleaning is done. We sprayed down our porch and scrubbed the porch furniture a couple of week-ends ago. It feels so nice to have everything fresh and clean out there. My hubby may be mowing our yard today, depends on how the weather holds out.
One of my favorite things...


Fresh baked bread, any kind! Looking forward to that Mexican Cornbread this evening. Fresh baked goods always make a house smell like HOME!
A few plans for the rest of the week:

Finishing the portfolio and going for our review, maybe taking a few walks around the neighborhood, planning to get in some time at our favorite local park....one never knows what the week will bring.


Here is picture for thought I am sharing...


Weeping Cherry tree
Picture taken at the Blenko Glass Factory
in Milton, WV a few weeks ago during
a homeschool field trip.
 I hope you have enjoyed this week's Daybook post. If you would like to participate in the Simple Woman's Daybook then visit sweet Peggy's blog to learn how to get started. Once again, my thanks to Peggy for hosting the Daybook.


Sending you warm HUGS!!! Stay Cozy,

Charlotte





3 comments:

Marmee's Pantry said...

Sounds like a great week ahead of you. I was just telling my mom, yesterday, that I can't believe we graduated our youngest daughter from our homeschool 2 yrs ago! Those 16 yrs simply FLEW by. Treasure them, you'll never regret your decision to homeschool.

Blessings from Ohio...Kim<><

Love Bears All Things said...

Lovely, soothing music to read by..
Beans and cornbread sound just the ticket for a spring dinner...good luck with that closet and the review.
Mama Bear

Janet, said...

Spring time is so busy with so much that needs to get done. Good luck with your closet cleaning!