Living Room

Living Room
My Little Cottage

Monday, December 1, 2008

The Candle Lady

My life as a Decorator/Designer has been an exciting one. Though I have often not recognized my path or have played down my experiences, I have been VERY Blessed by God with a real appreciation of beauty and order and these are the qualities that direct me in my career. I love to help people with their homes and with finding just the right beautiful look that will delight their friends and their families and make their home a place that everyone wants to gather into for fun and fellowship; a place where wonderful memories are made!
My all time favorite element used to add to ambience of any room are candles!!! I love the way that they glow and add instant warmth to a room and the distinct way that they can make any ordinary day just seem like a special occasion. My personal favorite scent is Hot Apple Pie since it makes my home smell so much like my mom's when she would bake her famous Apple Crisp in the fall and winter months. I bake my own version from time to time, but, since I don't need that many calories added to my diet, the scent of the candle is a nice, no-calorie way to enjoy the sweet tingle of warm-fuzzy memories that this smell brings to my mind.
This week-end I happened on an interesting opportunity: Diamond Creek Candles. I am happy to announce that I am now a consultant for them and am VERY Excited about this venture!!! Their candles are BEAUTIFUL and unique as they are what I like to call Cathedral Chunk style. This means that the candles have lovely colored chunks of wax suspended in a white base. The effect when they are burned is reminiscent of light coming from Cathedral windows---just GORGEOUS! They are soy based, clean burning and have the most WONDERFUL range of fragrances available for you to choose from. You can order them directly online from my page at:
http://www.diamondcreekcandles.com/reps/char503.php
I would love for you to stop by and visit the page and see for yourself just how lovely these adders of instant atmosphere really are. Let me know what you think and don't forget to order a few for those guests that stop by your home for the Christmas visits this year. I will leave you with the words to one of my all-time favorite Christmas songs; one that is quite appropriate for this time in our history and for the subject at hand:

ONE LITTLE CANDLE
(George Mysels / J. Maloy Roach)

It's better to light just one little candle
Than to stumble in the dark
Better far that you light just one little candle
All you need's a tiny spark
If we'd all say a prayer that the world would be free
The wonderful dawn on the new day we'll see
And if everyone lit just one little candle
What a bright world this would be

Let's all light one little candle
Why stumble on in the dark
When the day is dark and dreary
And your way is hard to find
Don't let your heart be weary
Just keep this thought in mind

It is better to light just one little candle
Than to stumble in the dark
Better far to light just one little candle
All you need's a tiny spark
If we'd all say a prayer that the world would be free
The wonderful dawn of the new day we'll see
And if everyone lit just one little candle
What a bright world this would be

Love to all, Stay Cozy,
Charlotte

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Hi, Charlotte, I visited your DCC candles site. They look extraordinary! I'll have to check them out more closely after the holidays! Have a lovely Christmas.