Living Room

Living Room
My Little Cottage

Wednesday, November 13, 2019

What's New Wednesday Addition....

Happy mid-week, dear ones!!! 

     I am taking a minute away from my chores to type you all a few lines. It is really cold here today. Our high has been 35°F for today and yesterday we had temperatures in the low 20s and an inch or two of SNOW!!! Too early for me, but it was pretty. The snow has put me in the mood to listen to Christmas music, though! LOL!!! The roads stayed clear so it wasn't a hindrance to people getting to work or school. We are supposed to be back up into the 50s by the weekend. I will be looking forward to that. 
     I had a little good news to share that I forgot about on Saturday when posting my journal entry! We now have a screened in back porch!!! Our son was over the weekend before and finished the main part of the job and it looks really good! He still needs to do some trim out work and also to paint it white, but for all intents and purposes it is functional and finished! YAY!!! Our kitty Mochi LOVES it! We have gone out there with him to enjoy it on the sunny days since it was finished and it takes a little time to get him back into the house~LOL! I will post a photo at the end of this note. 
     I am still working on the house and trying to get caught up on some of those little jobs that go undone until they just NEED to be done. I worked on cleaning the items on top of my kitchen cabinets and also on cleaning the cabinets themselves. I have taken down the curtains in the bathroom downstairs and also am cleaning all of the door frames and the baseboards, too. Our daughter and her husband and son are coming in for Thanksgiving this year so I want everything to feel fresh for them. 
      Well, that is about it for now. I need to go in and start our supper. Tonight I am fixing some Broccoli Cheese soup for us from scratch. It is just the right kind of day for it~MMmmmmm! I hope that you are all doing well and enjoying your day. Heaps of love, hugs and prayers from me to you!
Here is the picture of our back porch....

 
Stay Cozy, 
Charlotte

No comments: