Living Room

Living Room
My Little Cottage

Monday, June 2, 2008

Get Organized, Get Happy

When you think about your favorite places to visit what is the first thing that comes to mind. You probably have memories of pleasant times and experiences that had while you were there, right. Now think about what makes the experiences pleasant and the nature of these surroundings. Were the areas well organized or cluttered. How would the experiences change if the areas became cluttered and unorganized? Our emotions are affected by our surroundings. It is much easier to focus on our thoughts in a space that is well organized and free from clutter. This does not mean, however, that the area needs to feel sterile and cold. Keeping a few well placed accessories that give depth and meaning to a room will lend to a feeling of well being and contentment as well. Striking a balance between stark minimalism and packed to the rafters is the key to creating a wonderful welcoming cozy home.

As Always, Keep Cozy,
Charlotte

2 comments:

Cora from Hidden Riches said...

Thank you so much for visiting my blog today! I so much appreciated your comments and your prayers!

LOVE your blog here! so much to read and take in! I'm afraid clutter is my middle name, but I'm working on it. LOVE the poem a few posts back about the Cozy home. Just perfect!

So glad I found you here! (Or should I say, that you found ME!)

Cora

Providence Handmade said...

Char, that is so true! Clutter is my enemey - esp. with three little ones!